8.06.2015

Am I dead?


Well, not quite. I haven't done much game development over the last few years. The last real releases I made were Run! and Mega Grape Adventures, both all the way back in 2012. There are a lot of reasons for this that I won't go into much (related to health, a growing interest in pursuing a career in creative writing, and general laziness) but while it wouldn't be true to say I have done nothing, I also haven't done a lot.


During this time of low activity, I have occasionally mentioned work on Verumsomnex+ and, slightly less occasionally, actually worked on it. The game has grown quite a lot from my initial plans of a simple remake of a very old game called Verumsomnex that I released back in 2009. Whereas initially I just wanted to come up with a more polished and graphically appealing version of a game I was uncommonly happy with, the game has expanded such that the content from the original game is now less than 20% of the content in the game, and will be even less if I get in all I want to. Of course, this sort of scope creep isn't good for actually finishing much of anything.


My goal is to have this game feature complete by the end of 2016 and release a public demo at some point before the end of 2016. Over the course of the remainder of this year and, of course, next year, I will try to update this blog, as well as the GameJolt and TIGSource pages.

1 comment: